Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Rainbow Birthday Party

I agonized for months over the theme of Eliana's first birthday party.  I originally decided Minnie Mouse, but then a few friends said I should reserve that theme for when she is more attached to Minnie Mouse.  I thought about using different colors as the theme, but I just couldn't settle on anything.  Just ask my friends in Louisville; I debated it on a daily basis.

Despite the difficulty in determining the theme, I am so excited that I decided to go with a rainbow themed party!  I had a ton of fun making different rainbow crafts and rainbow-inspired snacks, and my good friend Abby created two absolutely amazing rainbow cakes (a smash cake for Eliana and a larger cake for everyone else).  I asked my friends Jay and Sarah of Eggplant Photography (they took our summer family pictures) to come and take pictures of the birthday party so I wouldn't worry about that aspect and really be able to enjoy the party.  The vast majority of the photos below are from Jay and Sarah (forgive the obscene amount of pictures):


The invitation!

The spread...

Cookies in the colors of the rainbow...

Rainbow cupcakes...

Grammie made these chocolate-coated pretzels...
 
Rainbow Jell-O cups- I didn't get the blue layer thick enough, but they still turned out cute and were a big hit with the kids!
 
Utensils and plates in rainbow colors...
 
The big cake...
 
The inside!

It looked so awesome!
 
Cloud and rainbow twirlers for the kids...




Part of the candy bar...
 
Her monthly pictures...
 

Giving her pal Sam a kiss...



She looks scared of Moose here, but she really loves him and thinks he's hilarious!




Her high chair with her smash cake and birthday hat...
 
Close up of her smash cake!
 
Getting ready to taste her birthday cake...
 
Helping her blow out her first birthday candle!
 
Sweet birthday girl!
 






 
The aftermath...
 
All cleaned up after dumping the entire cake in her lap!
 
And I made this thank you card to send out to friends and family for all the wonderful gifts to Eliana!
 
Somehow, we didn't get a picture of the cute rainbow wreath I made for the door, but I will probably use it for St. Patrick's Day next year.  Thanks to everyone who came to Eliana's birthday party and celebrated with us!  We had so much fun and truly appreciate everyone's support through her first year.  We look forward to many more celebrations through the years!!!

3 comments:

  1. How amazing! Really wish we could have come. Kiss her and tell her we love her deeply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I still think you should do a monthly photo. I'm going to try and keep it up until she is 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party! I may steal some ideas from you for Rory's first birthday!

    ReplyDelete